Ozone is created by nature in a lightning storm. Without the ozone created people would die. However, when you inhale too much ozone it can be harmful to your health. Let's take a look at the pros and con's of using the Zontec Ozone Generator.
- If there was no ozone at all people would die.
- Ozone is oxygen with one extra molecule.
- It is nature's way of cleaning and purifying the air.
- Ozone is produced by nature in a lightening storm so it is natural with no added chemicals.
- At low levels, as found in nature, it is not harmful to our health.
- Zontec comes equipped with a timer that automatically turns on and off, allowing you to treat the room without being present.
- Ozone has a half life of 20 minutes which means that every 20 minutes half of the ozone dissipates so within 2-3 hours of turning off it is safe for humans to enter.
- All electric motors and computers produce Ozone at low levels.
- Ozone levels over 100 parts per billion can attack the mucus membranes.
- It can cause dry and itchy eyes, as well as sore throats.
- High levels of ozone can irritate lung tissue causing sore lungs.
When the Zontec Ozone Generators are used properly, they are safe for people and are effective in treating all sorts of problems. Some of these problems include, but are not limited to, smoke odors, kitchen odors, fire odors, mold, mildew, bacteria, etc.